Devotional Art ~ Bending to Hear


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths ~ Proverbs 3:5
The fire by night.
The cloud by day.
If only it were always that easy to see Your movement, Oh God, and know the perfect direction. Just to simply pack up and follow when the sign pointed the correct way like the children in the wilderness did. Correct. What a word that is.... brings in insecurities of not being able to find myself in that place - correct. “You did not get the answer correct.” “The correct answer is....” 
All I know to do when I can’t see the way is to listen for it. I’m bending to hear your rhythm - Your Voice. Bending like a tree blown by your wind, I wait to hear - to wring the fleece - to feel Your breath blow me like a sailboat upon smooth waters. You are so kind to me and I know Your plans are good for me. They are plans to prosper me and make Your light to shine upon me. You are a good daddy. You never leave me alone. Your kindness will chase me down. I cannot see just yet today, but I believe. 
And I remind myself... that You love mystery. It is sweet and I rest again.

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gabrielle Dearman said...

"He shall direct your paths." Girl, you have really made an impression on me with that painting class.... when I read the word "paths" it reminded me of how you have instructed me to let the Holy Spirit flow through my fingers as I create, and direct the lines and patterns. The whole line mapping activity makes sense on a whole other level now that I read that verse. So cool!